Blog Here?

Thursday, April 22, 2010

MTV True Life: I Hate My Face"


I was falling asleep last night when MTV's True Life came on.  Since the title was "I Hate my Face", I thought I was about to see the ugliest, most disfigured faces in history.  Then I noticed it was just your normal insecure female seeking attention and approval, until I notice that their problems were much deeper.  One sprayed water on her mirror so that when she looked into it, she can only see a glimpse of her face (which keeps her from being disgusted at herself).  Her whole life is a mess because she hates the way she looks. She shops too much, still lives at home with her mother, and feels that she can't hold a job due to her ugly face.  Personally I think both of them are a complete mess, and I've seen WAY uglier people than them, but at the same time that's how they see themselves and nobody can change that for them.  It's truly a disease, and a horrible one to have.

 The problem that I had with the show is that they both viewed Hiedi (from the Hills) as beautiful.  That's sickening.  This woman is has had over 10 surgeries to try and correct her imperfections and insecurities. She should not be considered a staple of beauty by any means.  These girls look in magazines, and at television to tell them how they should look, and that's their first mistake.  This is not a role model, this is an insecure girl with a lot of personal issues she thought she could hide from.

What are your thoughts?

Visit my new blog According To Kia

See the full episode over at MTV.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

they are mistakenly worshiping another person who shares their disorder, namely BDD (body dysmorphic disorder). Your initial response to them as being silly, attention-seeking people is exactly why they are trapped in a hell. No one believes them, everyone thinks they are stupid, vain, attention-seeking people. BDD is a real hell and, I believe, has the highest suicide rate of the many mental illnesses. I hope people take the time to understand and maybe even research this disorder before judging, but that is unlikely.

Admin said...

Visit my new blog http://accordingtokia.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I'm not in a position to view this web site properly on saffari I believe there is a problem

Here is my web blog: why am i not getting pregnant

Post a Comment